Frequently Asked Questions
What is MyflexiPark? View answer Close
MyflexiPark is the first Belgian peer to peer park sharing community. MyflexiPark is helping parking owners to get in touch with drivers looking for a convenient and cheaper parking solution.
Rent a parking spot
How to find a parking spot? View answer Close
Visit www.myflexipark.be and type the address where you want to park
How to book a parking spot? View answer Close
- Register for free via our website and complete your personnal details
- Type the address where you want to park
- Select the parking spot that suits you the best (price, distance to destination, availibility)
- Make your reservation online. Parking owners decide for the type of booking: FAST or NORMAL. In case of FAST booking, your reservation is automatically confirmed after payment. In case of NORMAL booking, your reservation is confirmed after the approval of the parking owner. MyflexiPark will send you a notification via sms and will invite you to finalize your reservation. Your reservation will be definitively secured after online payment.
Payment? View answer Close
- In case of "fast" booking, make a reservation and pay online with your credit/debit card. Reservation is confirmed automatically when payment is made.
- In case of normal booking, make a reservation request. When the parking owner confirms the reservation, you will be directly informed via sms. You need then to finalize the booking by paying online with your credit/debit card.
What to do after confirmation of the booking? View answer Close
- You will get a summary of your reservation with all necessary details
- If needed, follow the instruction given by park owner to access the parking (code, keys,..) and park your car according to his instructions
- Do'nt forget to leave your feedback on the parking or on the park owner about your experience.
What if I cannot leave the parking spot on time? View answer Close
MyflexiPark aims to build a reliable community of users thanks to mutual feedback. If you feel you will not be able to leave on time the parking spot, please call the parking owner directly to inform him. If you are not able to find an agreement with the parking owner, he can always move your car at your cost. Do'nt forget, both parties have the possibility to give feedback on the website, so courtesy is important to build this park sharing community!
What if I have to cancel a booking? View answer Close
Any booking can be cancelled from both sides up to 24 hours before reservation starts. In case you cancel a booking within 24 hours before the reservation starts, no refund will happen and the money will be transferred to the parking owner. If the cancellation is due to the parking owner, you will get your money back. Cancelation request has to be done via the website.
Rent out your parking spot
How to offer my parking spot? View answer Close
If you are a private park owner, register for free in www.myflexipark.be and complete the description (address, type, picture,..) and availibilities of your parking spot.
How to confirm a booking? View answer Close
You decide when completing the parking description for a FAST booking or a NORMAL booking. A FAST booking means that when a renter make a booking, the parking will be authomatically booked. You do'nt need to approve the reservation. This is tipically the case if you rent parking spot not requiring access keys, codes,.. like private driveways, open space in front of your house.... If you prefer to work with the normal booking option, MyflexiPark will alert you via sms every time a renter request to book your parking. This gives you the time to review the profile of the renter and potential feedback of other community members. You can then decide to accept or decline the booking request.
How to give, when needed, the access (keys, code,..) to the renter? View answer Close
When the booking is confirmed, and if needed, inform directly the renter about when and where he can physically collect the keys,..of your parking spot.
Payment? View answer Close
For short and middle terms rent period, MyflexiPark will take a commission of 20% of your price offer. So you get 80% of your price request. All the payments regarding your reservations will be credited by MyflexiPark on your bank account at the end of each month. For long term rent, (> 6 months), please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the offer we propose.
What price to offer? View answer Close
You decide at what price you offer your parking spot by completing the pricing per hour, day, week or month in your parking description sheet. MyflexiPark's objective is to offer parking spot 50% cheaper than conventionnal parking. If the cost to park in a location is 2 euros/hour. Ideally, you could offer your private parking at 1 euros/hour. Up to you to fix the price according to your location. Off course, the higher the price, the lower the chance to attract potential renters!
What if the car of the renter has not leave the parking spot on time? View answer Close
MyflexiPark aims to build a reliable community of users thanks to mutual feedback. If the renter feels he will not be able to leave on time the parking spot, he has to get in touch with you directly. If you are not able to find an agreement with the renter, you can always move the car at the renter's costs. Do'nt forget, both parties have the possibility to give feedback on the website, so courtesy is important to build this park sharing community!
What in case of booking cancellation? View answer Close
Any booking can be cancelled from both sides up to 24 hours before reservation starts. In case the renter cancel a booking within 24 hours before the reservation starts, no refund will happen and your bank account will be credited at the end of the month. In case you cancel the booking within 24h hours before starts of reservation, MyflexiPark will refund fully the renter. Cancelation request has to be done via the website.
Do i need to declare my revenue? View answer Close
Depending on your status, we advise you to visit the following website www.belgium.be/en/taxes/. Annual income declaration is your personal choice and MyflexiPark do not take any responsibilities in this area.